We use our own and third-party cookies to improve our services, provide quicker access to these services and personalise them by analysing your browsing habits. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to their use. Further information is available in our cookies policy.x
The AQL500 is a factory ready and fully automated Ice Pigging machine that operates on a continuous basis, capable of delivering “always-ready” ice for the purpose of Ice Pigging of liquid products and food stuffs in enclosed pipes.
The Ice Pigging machine offers a step-change in plant efficiency by reducing product loss, waste, water and power consumption and speeding up times between product changeovers.
Ice Pigging is capable of navigating complex pipework which may incorporate changes in pipe diameter, bends, valve systems and other obstructions with no risk of becoming stuck. If the ice pig were ever to become stuck in the pipe, it would simply melt.
Efficient cleaning drastically reduces effluent volume, water consumption and energy use as a result of less hot water used for CIP (clean-in-place) flushing, enhancing a site’s overall efficiency.
The top pipe is being cleaned with Ice Pigging which results in a faster and more efficient clean whereas the bottom pipe is being cleaned with water flushing, leaving traces of ketchup and resulting in a large amount of mixing.
• The ice can flow through and clean diameter changes, sensors, valves, inline mixers and pumps.
• Ice Pigging is a highly effective pipeline cleaning method compared to water flushing which causes mixing that must be discarded as waste.
• Efficient cleaning drastically reduces effluent volume, water consumption and energy use as result of less hot water used for CIP flushing.
• Ice Pigging can achieve 70-90% pure product recovery where higher rates are possible in situations where some product dilution is acceptable.
• More effective cleaning significantly decreased cleaning time and fluid volume.